Thursday 4 October 2012

Latest in Beauty Editor's Picks Box - September 2012


Hello Chaps!

I'm aware that my blog is drowning somewhat in a sea of beauty boxes, but I just don't want to give any of them up :(

I mentioned this before in my last Latest in Beauty flash box post - these Editor's Picks boxes always sell out super quickly because they are so cheap and awesome. This one was gone in less than 48 hours, so sign up for emails if you want to be first to know about the next one.


Please excuse my obscenely girly Hello Kitty bedding
 So, lets have a nosey at the contents, oui? I'd actually popped a couple of these bits on my shopping basket on the LiB website before I got the email. Thank goodness I didn't check out before then! 

Mirenesse Secret Weapon 24hr Mascara


I already received this in my last LiB box, which you can see here. I love a mini mascara, and this is ok, but not really worth the hype or the money in my .
  
Balmi Lip Balm in Blackcurrant


I have a confession to make: I positively despise anything blackcurrant flavoured. I was all set to give this away, but, when I opened it, the scent surprised me - my first reaction was closer to 'it's actually sort of pleasant' than my usual gagging reflex. It's almost like an artificially sweet/muted flavour, which hints at summer fruits as opposed to pure blackcurrant which is nasty. Another £4.99 value lip balm to add to my collection! Blackcurrant seems to be the only one of the five main flavours that Boots doesn't stock. I'd quite like to try the raspberry one too.

Ancienne Ambiance Goddess Body Bath Salts in Rosa


I've already used some of this in a bath and I really liked it. The rose petals added a touch of luxurious glamour and I only needed a small sprinkle to create a beautifully fragranced soak in the tub. I love a bath with bubbles so I don't know if I'd purchase the full size at £20 for 300ml, but if I could find out where to get the small bottles pictured, I'd be tempted to try all of the other fragrances. 
Promotional Code Alert: 10% off with the code LIB10

Chia Bia Omega 3 Seeds


I've not tried these yet, but I like the idea that you can sprinkle them in your salads, smoothies or yoghurts. It's quite a hefty sample as well and I could see this lasting for a few different servings.

Japonesque Beauty Fixation boxes


These exact three babies were in my basket at £1.00 each, so when I saw the email detailing the contents of the box I thought to myself: WIN! They seem like such handy little saviours - Nail Polish Touch-up, Make-up Remover Touch-up and Tinted Lip Conditioner. Each box contains 24 pre-filled cotton swabs, you simply snap one end which fills the other end with the liquid inside, ready to use. Genius! You can actually pick the lip conditioner and make-up touch up swabs to go in your Latest in Beauty Little Beauty Box - for £1.50, where you get three samples sent to you. If you're keen to try these then I'd recommend doing this as you get more for your money this way, and the usual choices are often just sachets so this is is a pretty beefy sample in comparison. All you have to do is text them for a code - simples! Do it now though, they sell out quick...

Good Things Miracle Mattifier Moisturiser


I wore this today as the only base under my make-up. I could tell it was mattifying, but by lunchtime, there was still the usual tell-tale sheen present on my forehead. I have combination skin, so, bizarrely, I still have dry patches peeking through (I don't understand how this is even possible, it looks ridiculous). Sometimes products like these just highlight and exacerbate the dry areas - I feel like I can't win. This product has been on my wishlist for a while, so I was pleased to receive this sample before diving into the full size and possibly not liking it. I'm umming and ahhing after a day's use, but I'll see how I feel when I've finished this trial size. You can get this alone for £1.50 from the luxury samples section of Latest in Beauty, if you've fancied trying it too.

Nelson Pure & Clear Purifying Daily Facial Wash


I'd been trying to think of where I know the 'nelsons' brand/logo from, when I eventually realised that I see it every day in my cupboard, on my bottle of homeopathic medicine that I keep for my migraines! I've used this wash a few times since receiving this box, but I don't feel ready to pass judgement on it yet. It doesn't really lather up, which is a good thing, but is also a little bit 'medicated' for my liking. I thought I'd put those days behind me, but I'll give it a shot.

And finally, here's some extras that I added at the same time:


Weleda Pomegranate Firming Samples, and Richard Ward Couture Hair Tri-active Serum With Argan Oil. Stocked up on another bottle as I seriously love it and it works out cheaper this way. I'm assuming it will disappear from the site someday :( you can no longer get the Weleda trio for an amazing £3 either.

I also received an additional sample of the Weleda Firming Serum - this was not advertised in the email. You can see that it is missing from the first, promotional photo at the top of the post, but is present in my box. I can only assume this was a freebie because I am extra special and show Latest in Beauty lots of love with my money... so thanks for returning the favour guys ;)
(If I am mistaken and it was included in anybody else's, then we are all special.)

Heed my instructions and you will save some money... I did my research and figured it out for you! So take advantage, beauty bargainista friends.

Sticky Kisses!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent and very exciting site. Love to watch. Keep Rocking.
    editor’s picks

    ReplyDelete