Wednesday 23 May 2012

OPI Nail Envy


OPI Nail Envy


Ok, so one of my many beauty goals is to get my nails into a good condition and maintain it. I managed to improve them earlier this year by using a strengthener and nourishing nail treatment from Avon. My nails get to a certain length and then snap off. By paying attention to them I managed to get them the longest I’d ever had them! I’d been filing them into an almond shape, but I’d also been overdoing it on the polish and they became flaky and went back to their old state.

I decided to cut them back to a neat length, use a bit of strengthener and keep them bare for a while to give them a bit of a rest. As I was going on holiday I thought it would be a good time to expose them to some vitamin D!

As it happens, I forgot to take my strengthener away with me, but there was still a marked improvement in their overall condition. They looked whiter (but that might just have been me getting browner) and they became less flexible and weak. They felt thicker and I even got Mr BNH to do a press-test on the tip of my nail to see how much stronger they felt, and he could tell the difference. They grew quite a bit too. I love being on holiday, it fixes so many beauty dilemmas!






 About a week after getting back they’d weakened again. The tips were starting to snap again and were flaky and brittle. I’d seen reviews of Nail Envy and in the end I thought it’s got to be worth a shot. It sounded to me like an intensive recovery course, or a boot camp treatment for your nails.



It looks cloudy in the bottle but applies clear. It can be used as a basecoat and topcoat and application consistency reminds me a little of Seche Vite, except maybe less thick and glossy. The instructions say to apply two coats first, then one coat every other day. It immediately made my nails look more presentable, and feel a bit thicker/more reinforced. 

You can actually paint your nails with a colour polish and still continue applying Nail Envy over the top, but I imagine this would make the treatment slightly less effective. I’ll try it anyway, as you are meant to take it all off and start again every week for as long as you need it, although I’ve read some reviews that say your nails will become brittle again if you don’t use it. I would have thought that was a little obvious, but it might be enough to just use it less frequently and still maintain a good condition in your nails.


So far, so good. I’ll continue using it and report back.

Sticky Kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment