Tuesday 5 June 2012

NOTD - Diamond Jubilee (OPI, Barry M, No7 & Stargazer)

I originally tried to post this on Saturday - but my internet connection has been fannying about, one is sincerely very sorry! I went for Red, white and blue in honour of our dear Queen Elizabeth II's Diamond Jubilee! I thought I'd be patriotic and get into the swing of things to celebrate.


I know it's a bit messy, I'm really terrible at this fiddly kind of thing! I actually tried to be proper British and do Union Jack flags on the blue nails, but I failed miserably as I don't actually have an opaque white colour, or a steady hand. Here's a pic of what I used:


I started with a base of 2 coats of OPI's Nail Envy. For the red, I used Nail Paint by Barry M in 262 Bright Red. The white was OPI's Play the Peonies, which is actually a very pale pearl pink, but the closest I had. I nearly went for silver glitter, which would have fit with the Diamond Jubilee theme... oh well! The blue nails were one coat of Boots No7 Speed Dry in no 44 Violetta, with one coat of Stargazer's Metallic Dark Blue 105 on top. I was trying to get the right shade and the combination worked quite well I thought, as Violetta was too dark and Stargazer's 105 was too light on their own.

I finished off with some nail stickers from Hello Kitty that I bought about six years ago when I used to work there! I had a lovely pack with crowns on, and I thought to myself, "What better occasion than that of the Queen's Jubilee?". I took them to a Royal themed fete and got some compliments, and lots of likes and questions when I posted a pic on my instagram too.

Hope you've all been enjoying the celebrations and the extra days off!

Sticky Kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment