Monday 11 June 2012

NOTD - No7 Pinky Pure

I initially hated this polish. I'm not a big fan of the No7 formulas, although they have a pretty range of colours. I only ever buy them with one of Boots' £5 off promotional vouchers, which i a bargain as I'd never spend £7 on them! I think I have about six colours, a few from both the Stay Perfect and Speed Dry range.


Pinky Pure is a Stay Perfect formula. I love a baby pink polish, but most of my experiences with these kinds of shades have been disappointing. More often than not they turn out watery, streaky, and far too sheer - Nails Inc Warwick Avenue, to name one. This is what happened the first time I tried Pinky Pure.


I decided to give it another shot and be patient, going very carefully. I used a basecoat of OPI's Nail Envy and a topcoat of Seche Vite. It was worth trying to make a steady slow effort, as the application was a lot better this time.



Much less streaky, and more opaque. Personally, I don't like to see the white tips through a polish (or 'Visible Nail Line!') and unfortunately after 3 coats there is still a slight hint of this. The colour itself is a slightly cool-toned pastel creme, and it was much closer to what I was hoping for when I picked it up.


I also managed to smudge it (I always do somehow, even when I'm super careful, sit still, use a drying topcoat etc...). Mr BNH never understands the importance of keeping my nails dry and always seems to conveniently require me to perform some kind of task that involves getting my nails smudged. I was furious one time when he urgently needed an item from a box in my wardrobe. Six ruined nails...



Anyhoo. My nails are a little scruffy here (as per) and this is after a day' wear. Even with Seche Vite on top, there's a slight wear at the tips. I must say though, it's not as bad a polish as I first thought, and I'm not ready to resign it to the rubbish bin.


Sticky Kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment