Saturday 2 June 2012

Glamour Magazine's Benefit Freebies!

It seems now that every summer, for Glamour's Women of the Year Issue, they have an awesome collaboration with Benefit for the best freebies of the year. Last year it was Benetint, Posietint or High Beam. The year before that, it was Eye Bright, It Stick or Bad Gal liner pencils. This year was pretty amazeballs too, with three of their best sellers to choose from:


The Porefessional, a pore minimising face balm:




Benefit's website describes it thusly:
"Quickly minimise the appearance of pores & fine lines for smoother-than-smooth skin! Apply this silky, lightweight balm alone, under or over makeup. Translucent, oil-free formula complements all skintones and helps makeup stay put. Contains a Vitamin E derivative, known to protect skin from free radicals."


"that gal", a brightening face primer:




and the blurb:
"Our silky pink primer takes your complexion from dull to darling! Simply blend it on for the look of brighter, smoother skin. Contains light-reflecting pigments to help brighten all skin tones and raspberry & camomile to soothe skin."


And Bad Gal Lash, A black defining mascara:




"Sexy, sultry, pure unadulterated black mascara for full, voluminous lashes. It's as BAD as you want to be! Famously big, bodacious brush coats lashes with our super black formula."


I went a little bit overboard (in some people's eyes) and got myself one helluva haul:




I'm sure others will have bought more, but I got 6 Porefessionals, 5 Bad Gal Lash mascaras, and 3 That Gal! primers. This cost me, at £2 per magazine, a grand total of £28.


I know it sounds like a lot, but I went online to the benefit website to look up the products and their relevant prices and content amount of the full sizes. I then calculated (with my own brain!) what the amount I had would cost me at full price, then I subtracted what I had spent and concluded that I had in fact saved...


A whopping £103!!!


I expect Glamour has to be printed at least three times as much, but with addicts like me lurching to the till under the weight of an armful, they must be laughing all the way to the bank! I have to say I tried to be good and got mine from no less than four different retailers, so as not to completely empty a shelf in one place, thereby annoying staff and leaving nothing but disappointment for other beauty bargainistas... I'm so saintly!


I already had a couple of That Gal! 7.5 ml to use up from Confessions of a Concealaholic sets, hence why I gathered less of those :)


I was shocked to see that the full size bottle only contains 11ml - I thought it looked like it held a lot. This means that by purchasing 3, I have a total of 22.5ml, which is equivalent to 2 full bottles. Bazinga! The Bad Gal Lash mascara sample size is 4.0g, where full size is 8.5g, so I have around 2 and a half in equivalent. And the porefessional full size is 22ml, so I have the equivalent of 2 full sizes!


I don't mind the fact that there are 2 free products that can both be used as primers as I've been desperate to try The Porefessional. I'm all about the pore minimisers, yes sir! I love me a travel size and it's a good way to try out new things too, but in this case I've already used two of these products before and liked them. I always get on with Benefit stuff so am really keen to use The Porefessional.


I gave out most of the extra mags to friends, but I managed to get a few samples of the Pantene inside too, which I look forward to trying, as I have very thick and very damaged hair!


I can't wait to see what Benefit and Glamour bring out next year - hopefully it will be mini powders, or something from their b.right skincare - I have the trial size set of that too :)


Sticky Kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment