Thursday 6 September 2012

Latest In Beauty In Flight Rescue Kit/Travel Box

Hello Chaps!

Phew! I meant to do this ages ago with the bulk if my other Latest In Beauty posts, but I've had to re-take the pictures as the first set were utter pants (yes, even more so than usual!)

As soon as the email announcing this special box popped up on my iPhone I said "phwoooaaar!" (or other delighted exclamation to similar effect). I was about to hotfoot it to their website when I noticed that it was being released in conjunction with You magazine, which comes with one of the Sunday tabloids - I forget which one as I never read them! So on Sunday I picked up my paper, followed the link and secured my precious box of goodies. It turned out that I needn't have bothered with the whole paper kerfuffle as there was a massive feature on the Latest In Beauty homepage anyhow.

I was so excited to receive the box, as even though I was aware of what the box contained, I knew they were going to be pretty darn good - it had a full size OPI! When it finally came, I thought I was going to burst. There really isn't anything disappointing in this box. 


I love how they've thought of everything you might need on your flight and after you land - everything is under 100ml to comply with those strict airport security regulations. We all know how flying can play havoc with your skin and hair, and leave you feeling really icky and drained. I really wish I had another holiday booked, just so I can take this box on board and spend the whole flight glamourising myself! That and the sun, sea and sand of course. And cocktails. Mustn't forget the cocktails... ;)

I'll try and list these in the order you might want to use them!

Before departure: 


Xen-Tan Dark Lotion



Latest In Beauty recommend mixing this into your regular moisturiser and using a mitt to buff it in in long sweeping strokes - the idea being that you're a lot less pasty by the time you get to your hotel. I hope they didn't mean to imply that we get out our tanning mitt in the departure lounge? I've heard a lot of good things about this so I'm very pleased to have this sample. I like the moisturiser tip as it will help me to get the most out of this trial size. I've also got a couple of St Tropez samples from Elle Magazine to use - I've never tried high-end tanners before so will be curious to see how they fare against my trusty St. Moriz!

During the flight:


Barkleys Cinnamon Mints



Perfect for ear-popping take-offs. I love strong cinnamon stuff like this but they might be a bit intense for some, as the tin suggests! Awesome little tin, too.

Good to Go Anywhere Wipe Set


These look so handy (pun accidental). A disinfecting wipe, two tissues and a sanitising hand wipe. Perfect for sticky situations (pun definitely intended. sorry.)

Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist


I'm really digging face mists/cooling sprays lately, and I love a good rosewater toner, so I imagine this would be lovely and refreshing. It's very dinky and cute but because it's a glass bottle, it's very heavy for it's size. As it would be in your carry-on bag, it wouldn't matter too much about weight restriction, it would just depend on whether you want it weighing your bag down!

Urban Acai Organic Acai Powder Sachet


This looks scrummy; it invites you to be like a Brazilian and try the secret super-fruit which makes you look and feel great. Now, I know this wouldn't turn you into a brazilian swimwear model. That's just silly. But I'd like to think that it would at least help with all the hydrating you'd have to keep doing on board, and perhaps even give a little bit of pep!

Loreal Mythic Oil // Batiste Cherry Dry Shampoo


I received the same Batiste spray in my last Latest In Beauty themed box, but I don't mind, as I think you can never have too many handbag sized backups!
The Mythic Oil has been on my radar for a while now as something I'd like to try, so I was pretty pleased to see this in my box, even if it is only diddy. I've got a sample of Orofluido hair oil that I was given by my hairdresser that I need to finish, it will be interesting to see how it compares to that, as well as my coconut oil.
These are included as a way to de-grease your roots and de-frizz your ends before you land.

Garnier BB Cream - 3 x 'Light' Sachets


Now, I'm immediately put off by the bold statement on the carboard pack: 'Try it. Love it.' That's probably because I did try it, and i did not, in fact, love it. I will be doing a post with more details on this at some point! A sachet of BB Cream towards the end of your flight is a clever idea though.

After you land:



Strivectin-SH Age Protect SPF 30



I always use a seperate SPF for my face, usually high like this. The skin on our faces is of course more delicate than the rest of our body and has different needs. I like a lighter product that won't coat my face in sticky grease but still keeps me safe. The wristband is a nice touch (it changes colour in sunlight when you should think about protecting yourself) but I can't see myself wearing it in all honesty!

OPI Nail Lacquer in Pepe's Purple Passion




Holy smoke, Batman! This was the jewel in the crown of this box. At first swatch I thought it was awful: murky, with no visible shimmer. I was a tad unimpressed that I'd finally owned an OPI I wasn't instantly bowled over by. However, after another swatch, it was opaque in one very careful coat, and a shiny topcoat helps with visibility where glitter is concerned. When Winter is well and truly knocking at our doors you can expect to see a NOTD post on this! This was included with the idea of giving yourself a poolside-worthy pedi. The two colour choices available aren't exactly what I'd choose for a holiday, I'd go for something brighter that would set off a tan personally! It's definitely not purple; I'd describe it as a deep chocolatey brown with the faintest hint of shimmer.

Acqua D'Alfresco Insect Repellent



Not sure what to say about this one really, it's insect repellent. Again, another good idea to include it in the box, although I'm not sure it would last you a week, let alone a fortnight abroad.

All in all I think this box has pretty much covered all eventualities to help you have an easier flight. I really feel it would be a shame to waste this on my boring, everyday life now!

Sticky Kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment