Monday 3 September 2012

August Empties

Hello Chaps!

It's empties time again! August brought 18(ish) 'empties'. Here we go!


Hair


Loreal Preference Conditioner
Came with Hair Dye - I tend to use up loads of it straight after the dye, and the rest here and there.

Original Source Almond and Coconut Deep Moisture Shampoo
I cheated a little bit with this one. Originally bought for me, I ended up passing this to Mr BNH, occasionally using it to help rinse out home hair dye. I'm on a mission to use better quality hair care now!

Wella Shaders & Toners in Light Golden Sand
I massaged a tiny bit of this into overly white bleached hair just to tone it down - mixed with shampoo and not left in for the full time. I don't think I'll need to do that again as I am hoping to introduce some ashy lowlights into my hair soon, in an attempt to take better care of it and back away from the uber bleaching.

Umberto Giannini Dazzling Shine Serum
This serum came with a Christmas gift set yonks ago. It's ok, but I can't really get any product out as it's got the most annoying pissing rollerball dispenser that distributes absolutely nada. It's still mostly full, but it's really not worth the hassle of rolling and rolling and rolling only to get the tiniest amount onto the palm of your hand before dropping the bottle because, guess what, your hands are too greasy. Besides, serums are like, so old now, you know, it's all about, like, hair oils and stuff.

Skincare


Superdrug Vitamin E Moisture Cream SPF15
I bought this travel size when I was away and had forgotten to bring a moisturiser, like a pillock. I got this from the cheapy minis selection and was impressed at the performance. I recently purchased their full size night cream. It smells lush!

Dirty Works Sleep it Off Night Cream
Couldn't wait to finish this, much like my other products. Somehow, even though I don't have sensitive skin, I found this a little harsh. I should really learn to let go of products that aren't working for me, especially for something as delicate as the skin on my mush.

Dirty Works Pore-fect Face Scrub
Much like the Wake-up Call Face Wash in my last empties post, this delivered a menthol overdose. The particles were a good size but the formula was horrendous. Dirty Works Skincare: Body = good, Face = diabolically bad.

Make-Up


Nailene Pearl White French Tip Pen
I mistakenly picked this up in the 'Pearl' shade, instead of just plain white. First application was actually fairly easy and looked okay even for clumsy old me, but it dried up after one use. Bit pants for around £6. 

No7 Strengthening Base Coat
This is so oooooold! Remember this style of bottle? I think it may be the first ever bottle of nail polish I've actually finished. I mean, used all of it, not just had it dry up on me. And now that I have a nail polish thinner, I hopefully won't have that problem again! It was actually really good for making a strong even base, and it had the slightest hint of a creamy nude to it which was good too.

Depotted Blush (Colour Collection Christmas Palette)?
This was a pretty peachy pink shade I rescued from a Christmas gift. It broke when I was attempting to depot it (before my surgical spirit fixing trick) so I whopped the remains into a cutesy Hello Kitty pot and used it all up! I left a little for the picture so you could (sorta) see the colour, but it has now been officially used up :)

MUA Lipstick in Shade 4
I initially liked this, then hated it, then as I made it my mission to use it up, loved it a little bit. At first I was disappointed with the payoff, but the pink shade was lovely and could be built up with a few extra swipes. It was moisturising and left a nice glossy finish - It's not too dissimilar from the amount of pigment you'd get from some of the Revlon Lip Butters or Loreal Rouge Caresse lipsticks. I do prefer my lip products to be a little more pigmented, but it's great to have handy and not think about the application, just slap that mother on and you're good to go. Here's a messy little swatcheroo from the stub:


Bath & Body


Superdrug Rose Hand Cream (Christmas stock)
I picked this up for about 99p last Christmas. They do the same sort of thing every year with slightly different packaging, usually alongside a lavender version too. It was ok, something I kept on my desk at work - I'm a sucker for a rose scented product!

Avon True Glow Shimmer Body Spray and Shimmer Body Lotion
Now, I have an Auntie who used to buy me an Avon fragrance set every Christmas. I'm not even sure how old this one is (eck) but I gave half of it away. I just got around to finishing the last of it up, I thought I may as well try what with having had a summer tan, which means using shimmery products isn't too bad a crime. Right? The fragrance wasn't too terrible for Avon (sorry Avon, but perfumes are a personal thing and ordering a whole gift set without knowing what it smells like is just wrong).

Molton Brown Ginger Bath and Body Wash
I got this in a Glossybox - it's lovely, I love Ginger, but I'd never spend a fortune on bubble bath, as I have a cheap favourite. I finished it when I went to see the future Mam-in-law and was good sad enough to bring it back for the empties post!

LUSH Bath Melt in Melting Marshmallow Moment
My oh my do I love this baby. This is jut amazing, it was pink, sweet, didn't leave scum around the bath but still left me soft enough not to need moisturiser. If it wasn't so expensive I'd use one every week, hell, every bath.

Garnier Ambre Solaire No Streaks Bronzer Self-tan Body Wipes
No streaks? Pah. I tried very hard to make apply this smoothly and thoroughly but still ended up with stripy legs. If I weren't such a last minute Larry I'd remember to use my gradual tanner in good time and not have to resort to these at the 11th hour.

~

So out of all of these, the only thing I would buy again is the Superdrug Vitamin E Cream (already repurchased!), the LUSH Melting Marshmallow Moment Bath Melt, and the Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint (already have full size!). Maybe the MUA Lipstick at a push, I wouldn't mind trying the other shades, because for only £1, you might as well!

Phew! All this pampering is hard work, but I have to keep trying to use stuff up, as I am a bit pushed for space after all the goodies I keep buying!

Sticky Kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment