Wednesday 19 September 2012

New! Beauty UK Posh Polish [WARNING: Contains excessive amounts of glitter]

Well hello there Chaps!


Whilst browsing (read: secretly squatting) in Superdrug the other day, my magpie eyes (magpeyes?) were instantly drawn to the beautiful new display of 'Posh Polish' from Beauty UK. I've bought a couple of polishes from Beauty UK before which were surprisingly ok for a budget conscious brand, but never really tried any others. I've been not very patiently waiting until payday Father Christmas for the Models Own Mirrorball Collection, which is currently only available via their website or from their amazing looking 'bottleshop' at Westfield Shopping Centre (Shepherd's Bush), but these were on offer so I thought they'd do well at filling the sparkle void for a while.

Anyhoo, Queen of Pointless Tangents, let's move on. Superdrug were doing a 2 for £6 deal when I got these, but I think they were £3.49 each otherwise. I picked up four:


L-R: Gold Digger, Cosmic Candy, Twinkle Twinkle, Intergalactic

I (sort of) tried to choose some polishes that weren't too similar to ones I already have - pretty tricky when you've got over 160! I came away with 4 of the 9 glitters, although there are also 9 'foil' effect shades too. I have to say, I absolutely love the names they've come up with for the range, especially Intergalactic, which makes me think of the Beastie Boys :)




I thought Gold Digger might be a good dupe for Model's Own Disco Heaven, but the holographic glitter chunks don't show up as much as I'd hoped once on the nail. It's still a lovely gold glitter, and my justification for picking this one up was the size of the gold glitter - not too fine, not too chunky, but just inbetween! I recommend 1-2 coats of this one. 


Cosmic Candy is a fairly fine rosy pink glitter, which is opaque in 3 careful coats, and really shines with a nice glossy topcoat. I shockingly didn't have a polish that fit this description, I have an Accessorize one with the same size glitter in a rose gold colour, and I have Revlon Sparkling, which is the same colour but with bigger chunks and little holographic specks. But there was clearly a gap in my collection people! Clearly.


I fell for the holographic strands in Twinkle Twinkle. They add a bit more interest to an otherwise simple holo topcoat, just make sure you don't paint any of them dangling over the tip of your nail, because they will catch on everything like a motherfudger. I preferred 2 coats of this.


Intergalactic is one that will probably get a lot of people excited, for obvious similarities to OPI's Rainbow Connection/Deborah Lippmann's Happy Birthday. This polish is a great budget version of those, and only really needs one coat unless you want full on jazziness. I am already a proud owner of an excellent budget dupe, which is Carnival by Technic. To the untrained eye, these might look exactly the same, but I beg to differ. I have to say, I slightly favour the colour of Carnival because the glitter is a little brighter, you can see more turquoise and fuschia peeking through, whereas Intergalactic has more emerald green and royal blue in it. It looks a tad more... Christmassy! However, I think the payoff and quality of the glitter is better, as the Technic polish has a tendency to curl very slightly. If you click on this link you can see where I bought Carnival from. I reviewed it on Amazon back in April and added a picture as the original was a bit pants, and it's had loads more reviews since then! Why yes, yes I am taking a tiny slice of credit for that :P

And now for my apallingly bad pictures of my rushed and messy swatching! *sigh*

One coat L-R: Gold Digger, Cosmic Candy, Twinkle Twinkle, Intergalactic

Two coats L-R: Gold Digger, Cosmic Candy, Twinkle Twinkle, Intergalactic

And in case you were wondering, my base coat is by Accessorize and is the shade 'First Dance'. This looks to be a very pale lilac in the bottle but is much pinker in tone when applied. It's a lovely colour though!

Base coat - Accessorize First Dance


Here's an extremely bright picture attempting to compare Carnival and Intergalactic - OTT flash, I know, so here's another without.


There really isn't an awful lot of difference between the two if I'm honest, and right now my eyes are going a bit funny from staring at the bottles.


Have you picked up any Posh Polish yet?

Sticky Kisses!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE glitter polishes! These look so cute :)

    -Ezi

    ikintoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am obsessed with glitter polishes! You can never have too many ;)

      Swaf
      xXx

      Delete