Wednesday 12 September 2012

LUSH Cosmetic Warrior Fresh Face Mask

Hello Chaps!

I'd been wanting to try a LUSH fresh face mask for a while, and after doing a fair bit of research about the ones available whilst considering my skin's needs, I opted for Cosmetic Warrior. If you read my post about my LUSH basket you'll know I purchased this as well as Cupcake, of course it was a big mistake buying two Fresh Face Masks at once as you're meant to use them within 3-4 weeks!



I'd read a lot of reviews on MakeupAlley which were a bit of a mixed bag. A lot of people were singing it's praises, but there were also a fair few people in the 'it's too stinky to put anywhere near my face!!' boat too.



I decided to get it anyway after having a quick sniff in store, and make my own mind up. The main ingredient that everyone gets their knickers in a twist over is garlic. Now garlic is actually really good for problem skin - it acts as an antiseptic, along with honey, which is also in the mix, as well as tea-tree (my favourite, ha!) and kaolin. I can sort of see why these fragrances would be off-putting to others though, especially with all the yummy Montagne Jeunesse flavours out there.



During my first application, I thought "hey, this isn't too bad!" and although I could detect a light whiff of garlic, I proceeded to slop it all over my mug and wait for the magic to happen. It didn't take long to dry. I'd say that on my first application the odour became stronger the longer I wore it, but as I went through the tub, I think it ended up working the other way around. I used up the tub within 4 weeks, but even so, the mixture became a bit more viscose fairly quickly. It is lumpy and unattractive, it certainly isn't the prettiest, fruitiest or most refreshing, but when I washed it off and dried my face after the first use, I was amazed.

My skin felt soft, even, and calm. My problem areas seemed to have diminished in angriness, feeling less swollen, red and sore. I didn't take any before and after pictures because I'm too shy, but here's a silly one of me with garlic-y slop all over me!

Mein Crusty Mug!

I thought I'd found the mother of all face masks. However, with prolonged use, I found that either my skin got used to it, or the mask became less potent over time. But this is because it's a 'fresh' face mask with fresh ingredients. Why is this always the way with me? First use of a product blows my mind, then becomes so-so. I wouldn't call this face mask so-so though, it's still great and does an excellent job at calming my skin down, just with less of a drastic effect than my first use. I wish they'd make slightly smaller tubs that were easier to use up before they went off, plus, £5.95 is a little expensive to have to re-buy every month. I would definitely buy this again, as I'm not put off by the smell and I love the result, but would like to try other masks too. I've got a little stash of Montagne Jeunesse sachets, Superdrug tubes and beauty box samples to try out, so I'm sure I'll have fun experimenting.

Have you tried Cosmetic Warrior? What did you make of it? What face masks would you recommend for oily or problem skin?

Sticky Kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment