Saturday 18 August 2012

Accessorize Eyeshadow Palettes - Lovely Day & You Are Everything

Hello folks!

Following my earlier post about MUA eyeshadow palettes, it's clear that I did catch the palette bug!

I'd heard about these coming out (which was ages ago, I know) and knew I had to get them. Look at them! They are so pretty...



I initially went to my local Superdrug the day they came out, with the intention of buying the Lovely Day palette. I hadn't really seen the other one - You Are Everything - so when I arrived at the Accessorize stand, I was rather stuck! I couldn't decide which palette was nicer. I did compare them side by side and they were both gorgeous. I focussed especially on the purple shades in each to try and come to a decision as I'm a bit purple eye mad lately, and made up my mind to just get both of them. There were the last two palettes on the stand, so I told myself it was simply fate and they were waiting patiently for me to take them home and love them. Which I dutifully did.

I have to say, I am so taken with Accessorize's packaging: roses, leopard print and gold butterfly motifs are some of my favourite things! They really are beautiful palettes inside and out. They may be cardboard but they are very sturdy - the middle chunk that houses the pans is a durable plastic that's easy to clean excess from (which I foolishly failed to do before pics...). They fasten with elastic a bit like a journal - one of my first impressions was that they looked like they could easily have been a pretty paperchase notebook!

Both palettes contain a whopping 32 shadows - £8.95 seems a real bargain for such a wide variety of lovely shades. I reckon it's well worth one palette (for less than the price of one M.A.C eyeshadow) or indeed getting both. They're certainly a lot larger than the MUA or Sleek palette sizes and I don't regret getting both at all.

Now, 64 eyeshadows is a lot more swatching than I have motivation for so I'm just going to leave you with some pics.
Lovely Day





You Are Everything





I already own an Accessorize single merged eyeshadow in Golden Caramel, which I absolutely adore. After my MUA palettes I thought I'd give these a go, and they are not too dissimilar in formula and colour payoff. I've been impressed by the few that I've swatched so far - most are shimmery but some are nearly matte. A few of the shades appear as dupes in both palettes too. 

Out of the two, I think I might prefer the You Are Everything palette a little bit more for a few standout colours, though the Lovely Day one has more muted, wearable shades. I'm wondering if these palettes are limited edition, as I can't seem to find them on the Superdrug website and I haven't seen them in store since.

I managed to get these on the last day of Superdrug's 3 for 2 deal, so picked up an Accessorize Merged Blush in Wowzer as my free item. It's very pink and definitely lives up to it's name! 







I should note that it's swatched quite heavily in the last photo!

I found it to be again a rich, buttery metallic baked formula, which is best applied with a light hand and built up very slowly as desired - I find the Real Techniques Blush Brush is good at achieving this. I happen to love very pink cheeks so don't mind this bright shade at all, but due to the shimmer I don't think I'd use a highlighter with it. I love the swirls of lilac running through it as well, the merged items are so gorgeous to look at, it's become very popular in the wake of M.A.C's mineralized skin finishes. I can see this lasting forever, I've had my merged eyeshadow for a few months and have barely made a dent in it! I can't find this on Superdrug's website either :(

I have a few other bits from the Accessorize range - 6 polishes, a lipgloss tube and a mascara, but I'd love to pick up some more. They have such tempting nail polish colours...

Did anyone else pick up the Accessorize Palettes? What would you recommend from the Accessorize range? 


Sticky Kisses!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I recently got the You are everything palette :) It's definitely one of my favourite palettes. I say recently, but I actually received it for Christmas! I'm one of those people who saves brand new palettes since I normally don't buy palettes >< I love eyeshadow, yet I've been going for more casual browns, rather than the deep plums or purples that I used to wear! I guess I just have to break out of the shell and try to use some brighter colours such as blue... then again, I'm scared that I'll look like a pastel clown!

    It would mean a lot to me if you came and check out my blog as well!

    It's at: http://gjyl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete