Monday 20 August 2012

NOTD - Kleancolor Chunky Holo Candy

Hello out there!

I'm back to brights! I thought I'd share this sexy-ass polish today... it's called Chunky Holo Candy made by Kleancolor. Now I'm a Brit and this polish is from the USA so I purchased mine through the wondrous portal of eBay. Kleancolor have what seems like millions of gorgeous shades to choose from, and a bedazzling array of glitter polishes. I can't for the life of me remember where I first saw this shade but by golly I wanted it and I'm very pleased to now have it in my collection. It cost me around £6-7 including postage.


It's a gorgeous, almost neon coral jelly that sways from pink to orange depending on the light, stuffed to the hilt with stunning iridescent glitter, which sparkles from pale greenish  gold to full on rainbow aurora borealis.


I'm deeply aware that (like all my NOTD's) this is a shockingly bad paint job. I'm terrified of my cuticles. I just can't deal!


Look at them shine! 
(another reference for any fellow Boosh fans out there!)


I really love this polish. I tend to go after more unusual shades or effects and this is just perfect in this sunny weather (the tiny slice we've been granted here in Blighty anyhow) as the bright daylight really brings this polish to life. I've yet to try it over black polish but from swatches I've seen it gives a similar effect to Essie's luxeffects Shine Of The Times (which I have but haven't used enough as my first try was rather underwhelming). I'd also like to try Chunky Holo Candy over China Glaze's Flip Flop Fantasy, which is the most neon polish I own, but that could have eyeball melting consequences.


I have a little collection of Kleancolor Nail Lacquers growing now. You can usually find good sets on eBay but the shipping will sting you a little. The best deal I've seen is here at Joy's Cosmetics where you can pick your own six colours! I'm trying to get a shortlist down as I don't think I definitely don't have space for the whopping 24 bulk deal! Although I've just seen there's an option for 12... that could work. If you fancy ordering US stuff like NYX in bulk, visit her eBay shop for amazing value deals where you pick your own! I'm about to go and add everything to my watch list.

Sticky Kisses!

2 comments:

  1. It looks sparkly but not too much! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much prettier than my photos depict, I've never seen anything like this polish before!

      Delete