Tuesday 14 August 2012

MUA Cosmetics Eyeshadow Palettes - Glamour Days and Heaven & Earth

Good evening all... (well, morning now!)

I've never been hugely into palettes, other than a few small compacts of maybe 8 tiny shades max, and then receiving one in a Christmas gift set, I didn't really own many. I've seen plenty of YouTubers using the humongous Coastal Scents ones, which look terrifying to me! I can't see myself ever needing that many eyeshadows, but, perhaps I'm coming around to the idea.

I went on the MUA website a few weeks back to buy some Lip Booms (I'll do a post on the ones I bought soon), and while I was there they had a promotion on where if you spent £4 you got a free palette. I thought this was an excellent offer as the palette itself usually costs just £4. I was a little confused to see it in my shopping basket, as I obviously couldn't recall putting it in there, but I'm glad it was! I don't think the offer is still running as it was quite a while ago.


Glamour Days and Heaven & Earth Palettes with flash

The free palette was called Glamour Days and has 12 shades in it. There are a few everyday shades and some nice brighter colors too, which aren't too in your face. 3 of the shadows are matte, the rest are metallic. I am so in love with the bottom row of this one! A couple of shades of this remind me of two of my favourite Urban Decay shadows - the dark purple reminds me of Asphyxia and the green with gold shimmer is similar to Shattered.


Glamour Days Palette

Glamour Days first row natural light


Glamour Days first row with flash


Glamour Days second row natural light


Glamour Days second row with flash
I had a peek around some of their other palettes on the site and decided I might as well try Heaven and Earth, which is a beautiful neutral palette. They are all metallic shades. I don't mind this at all, as I love shimmers! They're not OTT at all, and although they might look a bit samey in my awful swatches, there are a great mix of browns. I can never get enough gold/champagne shades so I'm a happy bunny.


Heaven & Earth Palette
Heaven & Earth first row natural light


Heaven & Earth first row with flash


Heaven & Earth second row natural light

Heaven & Earth second row with flash
Both palettes came with a sponge tip applicator, which I'm not usually a fan of. However, these ones were very soft and not just the cheap foamy kind you would expect. They feel a little more like suede to me. I probably still won't use them though!

I think MUA shadows are great value for money and surprisingly good quality considering the single shadows only set you back a measly pound! And these palettes are effectively only 33 pence per shade - or less, considering I got one for nothing ;)


MUA Glamour Days and Heaven & Earth eyeshadow palettes
They are highly pigmented, buttery soft and easy to blend. I will certainly be perusing their stands more often - I think I'd like to try Undressed or Starry Night next. I already own a single in pearl shade 4, which is the most perfect metallic pastel lilac shade I've ever seen! I've already bought a backup of it.

I'm definitely a fan of MUA products. I also love their blog and instagram as a good way of keeping up with new releases. I can confidently say I know I'll be using every single shade in these two gorgeous palettes!

Sticky Kisses!

2 comments:

  1. Ive wanted the heaven and earth palette for ages..I have the naked2 palette and wish I hadnt spent as much as these are just as good! GReat review x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hollie! I was so tempted to buy the Naked Palette for £30 on a plane a few months ago - I'm glad I have this now!

      xx

      Delete