Monday 27 August 2012

Bank Holiday Weekend Beauty Buys!

Hello Chaps!

Hopefully you had a lovely Bank Holiday weekend like me. I spent mine in lovely Lymington visiting Mr BNH's family, with a day trip to Bournemouth. The weather was a tad pooey but we still braved a picnic and the tradition of crabbing on the quay. I didn't get that many pics, but here's a few:


Cleo being special ~ ducklings by the Quay! ~ feeding ze leetle duckleengs!
gold Olympic postbox ~ New Forest Cows ~ Lymington High Street
Mam-in-law's midnight surprise of 'pizza on toast' (amazeballs!) ~ Lulu's in Lymington: my favouritest shop ever ~ always stop here when I'm in Bournemouth for Nerds & pic'n'mix

I did pick up a few beauty bits while I was there too. Please accept my sincere apologies for the utter crapness of these 'artificial light' photos. I can only dream about fancy DSLR's for the time being!


GOSH Darling
GOSH 549 Holographic Hero Polish
Lancome Hypnose Mascara Sample
LUSH Phoenix Bath Ballistic
Natural Collection Eye Lines in Olive Green
Superdrug Simply Pure Oil Balancing Serum

I will talk about these all individually at some point soon(ish), but I can say I'm very excited to finally own and try a few of these, especially the Lush treat. I can't wait to run a bath with this baby!

Whilst I was away I did try the new Lady Gaga Fame perfume a few times. I was expecting it to be so weird and heady it would turn my stomach but it's actually very subtle and I really, really like it. I spritzed it on a card tester first, then on my wrists. I can still smell it on the cuffs of my parka and I can't get enough. I will attempt to describe it only once I have it in my posession ;)

I can't let go of this rather well-loved looking tester card yet... poor Mr BNH must think I'm indulging in some dodgily bad 'hint dropping' by constantly whipping it out of my pocket around him for a whiff, but truthfully, I really do just love it that much!


It's at a really good price in Superdrug at the moment (£23.99 for 30ml, £29.99 for 50ml), but I just can't justify spending £30 on perfume that I don't really need. If I'm still pining for it in a few months I'll ask for it for Christmas. Although saying that, part of me thinks I should be taking advantage of the introductory prices...

Have you tried Lady Gaga's Fame? Did you have a nice Bank Holiday Weekend?

Sticky Kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment