Friday 17 August 2012

NOTD: Accessorize Pink Spice

Hello Chaps!

I snarfled up a few lovely polishes from Accessorize a while ago, when Superdrug had about a million deals on their website and they were reduced to around £2. I had to cut down the amount I'd plopped into my basket to a measly three and this was the one I was most excitedly anticipating.


It's called Pink Spice (love the name) and it's a duochrome from their illusion range, which shines from gold to deep pink through orange.

When I applied it, the colour was much deeper than I expected it to be, essentially appearing to be just a metallic polish in a pretty berry shade. This first picture is my attempt to demonstrate this! All pics are three coats with Seche Vite topcoat.


It wasn't exactly what I was hoping for, although still a lovely colour. I wanted it to be a bit more extreme, like the product listing photo from Superdrug's webpage, at the top. After many attempts, in the little window of light we call the Golden Hour, I managed to get a few pics of the polish in full effect:



It's not very dramatic, but the above photo shows the duochrome effect from pink to orange, and below shows it looking more bronze.


This was after four days wear, which I was impressed with, apart from a few chips to the corners of my nails, it still looked good. However I am very fickle and have a short attention span so decided to paint Deborah Lippmann's Razzle Dazzle over the top as I thought the colours were quite similar (when it looks plain). I got this mini polish in last Christmas' Glossybox. It's halfway between two of her other shades, Bad Romance and Ruby Red Slippers.


I don't know what's wrong with me at the moment, I've taken a complete departure from summery shades and am instead steering to darker colours more suitable for wintery months! Note to self: apply eye-wateringly bright polish before we run out of 'summertime' asap.

Overall I do think Pink Spice is a beautiful polish but I wasn't as overly wowed as I wanted to be. I'm thinking of trying some Models Own Beetlejuice polishes instead - Pink Cocktail looks like a dupe. I've nearly bought the Mini Set and Indian Ocean so many times, one day I'll cave! I do love the range of lovely colours in Accessorize polishes and will probably be adding to my collection in time!

Has anyone else tried this Pink Spice and/or Models Own Pink Cocktail Beetlejuice? How do they compare?

Sticky Kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment