Friday 24 August 2012

Lovely little brushies of soft wonderment

Hello Chaps!


I've been trying to upgrade my brush collection recently - mine are mostly e.l.f., W7, QVS, Fearne for Boots or from kits with no real name. The poshest brushes I owned were a Clarins Kabuki, a Too Faced Flatbuki and my Real Techniques Blush Brush. I can't afford to splurge £30 on one brush, even if it is 'worth the investment'. I'll get round to it one day...

Anyhoo I'd been specifically looking for a decent set of travel brushes for a while but didn't want to spend a fortune. I finally settled on this set of 5 from Royal and Langnickel, which I bought for £15.07 via Amazon - though it's currently online for £14.81!

I thought the case was pretty fun and liked the fact that three of the brushes were double ended, so really I've got 8 brushes. They're so teeny weeny and sweet, they pack away in their case all snug and compact, and THEY'RE PINK! Bloody marvellous. Some people might think them tacky but not meeee!

Picture unceremoniously pinched from Amazon
The brushes themselves are gorgeously soft. Now I'm somewhat of a brush novice, so regrettably I am unable to provide you with comparisons - I hope you weren't expecting a list of possible M.A.C equivalents! I will attempt however to describe the pretties that are included in this pink pouch of joy.

Scratch that, I've had a better idea! Please allow me to copy and paste this wonderful summary from the Amazon listing. It might be me being a lazy mare, but then again, who's to say I'm not just being efficient? I've got a pile of ironing waiting for me, so shush. Besides, they explain it far better than I do:

1) Powder Brush that can also be used as a blush brush with tapered soft bristles that are ideal for applying powder or sweeping colour across cheeks.
2)Double ended Angled Brow/Sponge Smudger, add colour and shape brows with ease, with this angle shaped brow brush, and use the sponge smudger for that smoky eye look, this shape is ideal for the corners of the eyes.
3) Foundation, supple synthetic hairs follow the curves of the face while applying just the right amount of foundation. Ideal for cream or liquid product.
4)Double Ended Lip/Shadow, achieve smooth even application with this rounded lip shader. The shadow brush is ideal for applying and or blending eye shadow. The smaller size makes it perfect for adding a highlight at the brow or accent eye colour.
5)Double Ended Angle Eye Fluff/Blender, angle eye fluff shape and short rounded hairs make this brush a great tool for applying shadow. On the opposite end is a blender which is ideal for blending shadow in the crease of the eye, or adding that smoky eye effect with this firm pointed brush.



I had to include this as well, because it made me titter:

Directions

Use to Apply Cosmetics

Why, thank you kindly for clearing up the matter entirely, I should have been utterly lost and dumbfounded without this crucial piece of advice!
Yeah I know, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Anyway, onto the opinionated bit.

I'm bursting to say that I really love these! Maybe it's because I'm used to using pretty bog-standard brushes for my everyday face, but these are soooo soft and lovely. They're synthetic hairs, but they are so silky and fluffy it really doesn't matter (if you're bothered about that kind of thing, I personally prefer synthetic). I can't compare it to M.A.C, Sigma or the like, but I am really pleased to own these now. The eyeshadow brushes pick up the perfect amount of product and do an excellent job at applying/blending smoothly. The powder brush makes it very easy for imbeciles like me to blush, contour or set foundation without looking like the Joker. And, not one brush has shed!


The brushes are cut beautifully, they really are small but perfectly formed. It's funny how a good brush turns applying make-up into a pleasure, rather than a chore. I can't stop stroking them, because I am apparently some kind of brush pervert now? Mmmm, you feel so good on my face... 

Yep OK I'll stop now (I get it)... I went too far.

The only tiny thing that irks me about this set is the 'Sponge Smudger' which actually more closely resembles a hoof stick for cuticles. I've not tried it for creating a smoky eye look yet - it just seems wrong to me! One other thing that is not at all a criticism, is that I found it odd trying to use a blush/foundation brush with a short handle after using full sized ones every day!


Here's a bit more blurb from the listing describing the brushes.

Royal & Langnickel Cosmetic Brushes are used throughout the world by True Professionals. We choose to use the finest quality hairs available to ensure the most luxurious feel and precise application. Each hair has specific characteristic, resiliency and spring making them ideal for certain make-up applications. When it comes to a superior synthetic hair we typically use a multi diameter filament to provide the most effective application of both liquid and powder make-up.

I'm visiting the future Mother-in-Law this bank holiday weekend, and I'll be taking these babies with me - they hardly take up any room in my travel bag :)

Have you ever tried Royal & Langnickel brushes before? What brush can't you live without?

Sticky Kisses!


No comments:

Post a Comment